job ad

                   POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW
Laboratory of Experimental Psychology, Sussex University, Brighton BN1 9QG.

A Research Fellow is required to work with Prof. C.Darwin and Dr. R. Carlyon
on an SERC-funded project investigating the perceptual separation of concurrent
sounds and the perception of pitch. The position would suit someone with a
background in psychoacoustics, speech science,  electrical engineering, or a
related field. The vacancy has arisen because the present appointee has been
awarded independent funds to continue research at Sussex, and we hope to
replace him on or before October 1st 1992. At that time there will be
approximately twoyears' salary remaining on the grant.

Our laboratories are equipped with a wide range of equipment including both
IBM ATs and Apple Macintosh computers, and we are part of a large
multidisciplinary research group interested in hearing. Enquiries can be made
either to the above address, by replying to this email, or by telephone
(0273) 678058. Applications should include a full C.V. and the names of at
least two referees.