[no subject]

I would like to join the crowd thanking and congratulating Punita for her
vision, drive, energy, and successful organization of the five
special sessions at the Ottawa ASA meeting. I would also like to
express my appreciation for her having put a damper on her insatiable
appetite for puns, at least while she was commenting on papers.

May I request, in the name of quite a few adepts of poetry and
almost-poetry, that she broadcast on the network the introductory
poem she recited at the first session? Unfortunately, the sound system
was not set up to have her lines come out clear to several pairs of ears
in attendance.
                Pierre Divenyi