Int. Cong. on Pattern Rec.

----------

Dear List members,

I would like to draw to your attention the FEBRUARY 1 DEADLINE
for submitting papers for the International Conferences on Pattern
Recognition (Jerusalem, Oct 9-13, 1994).

Please submit papers in the auditory/acoustic area directly to
David Malah  (malah@techunix.technion.ac.il)

If it's not too much trouble, also send me a note that you've done so.

For your information, the following is the latest draft for the
tutorials that are planned to precede the conferences.

============ D R A F T =======23 Dec 93======= D R A F T =================

12-ICPR Tutorials: Sunday, 9 October 1994.

Signal Processing (Malah)
-----------------
S. Furui (NTT, Japan) - "Speech Recognition Techniques - Present and
Future"
M. Tekalp (Univ. of Rochester) - "Digital Video Processing"

Pattern Recognition and Neural Networks (Tishby)
---------------------------------------
H. Baird (Bell Labs) - "Document Image Analysis"
Yann le Cun (Bell Labs) - "Neural Networks in Pattern Recognition"

Computer Vision (Huang)
---------------
O. Faugeras - "Invariant Theory for Pattern Recognition and Computer
Vision"
B. Haralick - "Mathematical Morphology for Vision and Signal Processing"

Architecture (Tanimoto)
V. Cantoni and M. Ferretti -  "Special Chips for Pattern Recognition and
               Image Processing"
(pending) R. Hummel - "Parallel computing methods for Object Recognition"

Happy New Year to all,

Al Bregman