Announcement of "Important Discovery"

Dear List -

I was sent the enclosed announcement by Jess Talt for distribution to
the list.  I'm sure we can all agree about its significance.

--  DAn Ellis <dpwe@media.mit.edu>
    MIT Media Lab Perceptual Computing - Machine Listening group.

------- Beginning of Forwarded Message

*----&---1----*----1----*----1----*----1----*----1----*----1----*----1**

        IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT! NEW SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY!

        In the wake of the 127th Meeting of the Acoustical Society of
        America (ASA), the budding scientific discipline of socioacoustics
        is now able to proudly proclaim it's first empirical law.

        *** Socioacoustical Law No. 1 ***

                2
        ERB = mc

        where

        ERB = eligibility for the R. Bruce Lingam award,

        m = member of the ASA, and

        c = mean number of papers m publishes each year in JASA.

        Under normal conditions, m =  Brian Moore.

        However, deviations from this law are sometimes
        caused by the "Carlyon effect".

------- End of Forwarded Message