Mario Ruggero

I visited Mario in the hospital and I am glad to report that he is doing
extremely well. He has a broken right arm and leg, and some other small
injuries. He will require about another week of rehabilitation and then
some rest, and he will probably be fine after that. Mario's spirits are
very high and he is extremely grateful for all of the good wishes he has
recieved from so many people. In fact his main worries seem to be
on some reviews that he is late in getting back to journal editors. You
may read a few more stories about this horrible affair, since John
Cantalupes sent some "information packages" to several people and
places about the time of the shoting. So far, the press seems to be
somewhat reasonable. Bill Yost