Software for Solving the Wave Equation

Dear Auditory List readers,

For the purpose of understanding head-related transfer functions, I have
become interested in obtaining computational solutions to the acoustic
wave equation subject to the appropriate boundary conditions, and I am
trying to find more about the availability and characteristics of at
least semi-supported software.  About all I know to date is that the
following programs exist:

      1.  SYSNOISE distributed by LMS
      2.  COMET, sold by Automated Analysis in Ann Arbor, Michigan
      3.  BEMAP, sold/leased by Spectronics

If anybody has any additional information or suggestions, I would
really appreciate some guidance.  I'll be glad to collect and
post the responses I receive at my email address -- duda.ai.sri.com.

Many thanks,
Dick Duda

-------