S&P Texts

Dear List,

If we are going to begin recommending S&P texts which are good on audition,
then I must recommend Matlin, M.W., and Foley, H.J. (1992).  Sensation and
Perception, 3rd edition (4th edition is currently in preparation), Boston:
Allyn and Bacon.  It is exceptionally clear, covers auditory anatomy and
perception quite well, includes coverage of signal-detection theory and
speech and music perception.  Of the various S&P text I suggest my students
look through, Matlin and Foley is the one they buy.

Hope this helps,
Deb Fantini