Date:    Wed, 12 Apr 1995 15:17:57 -0400
From:    bschneid@credit.erin.utoronto.ca (Bruce Schneider)
Subject: Postdoc announcement

                        University of Toronto

                       Department of Psychology

        Research Group on Speech Understanding in the Elderly

                        Postdoctoral Positions

One, and possibly two, postdoctoral positions are available beginning July
1, 1995.   We are looking for candidates with a Ph.D. in either auditory
psychophysics, speech perception, and/or cognitive psychology who would be
interested in working in the area of speech understanding in the elderly.
Because both perceptual and cognitive factors may contribute to the
difficulties encountered by the elderly in understanding speech in everyday
situations, we would be particularly interested in candidates who  have
some background and/or training in both of these areas.

The Research Group on Speech Understanding in the Elderly consists of
three faculty members at the University of Toronto (Bruce Schneider, Fergus
I. M. Craik, & Meredyth Daneman) ; two faculty members at the University of
British Columbia (M. K. Pichora-Fuller, and Murray Hodgson), two research
technicians,  one full-time programmer, one postdoctoral fellow and several
graduate students.   Facilities at the University of Toronto include 3
sound-attenuating  chambers with associated work-stations,  and an
established pool of elderly volunteers.

We presently have funds to support one postdoctoral fellow for two years,
beginning July 1, 1995, with the possibility of a renewal for a third year.
 There is also the possibility of supporting a second postdoctoral fellow
for at least one year.  Interested candidates should send curriculum vitae,
and a statement of research interests to

        Dr. Bruce Schneider
        Erindale Campus
        University of Toronto
        Mississauga, Ontario L5L 1C6