PREPRINT: Sound Onset Localization and Partial Tracking in Gaussian White Noise

- Title: Sound Onset Localization and Partial Tracking in Gaussian White Noise

- Authors: Ludger Solbach and Rolf Wohrmann

- Abstract: In auditory scene analysis the detection of common partial onsets
is an important clue for event formation. Our wavelet based approach for onset
localization does not suffer from either smearing effects caused by windowing
in the time domain nor from consistency problems caused by multiband level
thresholding. Furthermore the method makes use of the beneficial effect of
partial removal by adaptive signal cancelling. The results presented indicate
that our approach is a promising basis for multicomponent acoustic signal
separation.

- Note: Paper to be presented at the ICMC-96 in Hong Kong. The lenght was
limited to four pages.

- Location: The preprint is available via

        http://www.ti6.tu-harburg.de/~ti6ls/research/

Comments are welcome.

Best wishes,

        Ludger.

 ------------  Ludger Solbach, AB Technische Informatik VI  -------------
|           Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg, Germany             |
|       e-mail: Solbach@TU-Harburg.d400.De, Tel.: +49-40-7718-3357       |
 ----------------  http://www.ti6.tu-harburg.de/~ti6ls  -----------------