Re: unsolicited abstracts etc.

> Dear List members:
>   Do we have a policy about sending abstracts and such out
> to all list members? I don't think that it's appropriate to
> presume that everyone will be interested in receiving materials
> unless there is a compelling reason. I'm sure everyone's mailbox
> is pretty full these days, so I would suggest that people not
> send out preprints or abstracts of their work. Perhaps others
> can comment on whether this would be an appropriate policy.
>  Thanks
>  Robert Zatorre

I appreciate finding out what research has recently been done, and
an abstract is a fine way to communicate this.  It certainly is
welcome in my mailbox!

Bill.Treurniet@crc.doc.ca, Communications Research Centre
P.O. Box 11490, Station H, Ottawa, CANADA, K2H8S2
Tel: (613)998-2767  Fax: (613)993-9950