Textbook revision

                 Signals and Systems for Speech and Hearing
       Stuart Rosen & Peter Howell, University College London, England
             An introductory textbook from Academic Press (1991)

     ISBN 0-12-597230-X
     ISBN 0-12-597231-8 pbk

Peter Howell and I are considering a revised edition of this book, and would
be grateful for advice/opinions/prejudices on the revision, including any
corrections. One idea we had was to offer more of a slant to musically-
relevant topics, which really are not mentioned at all. Secondly, we were
hoping to include a CD-ROM, with the entire text of the book and interactive
examples with lots of sounds to manipulate and play out.

We would also like to hear from anyone who has adopted or recommended the
book for a course, with information about what the course covers, and the
numbers of students involved.

Also, please note that at least some booksellers are advising that the book
is out of print. This is not true! It is true that the paperback version is
out of stock, but the harback version is being sold for the price of the
softcover one. Please let me know if you have any difficulties obtaining the
book.

If anyone who would like to know more about the book, please email me
directly, and I can send further information.

Thank you all for any help you can give us.

Yours faithfully,

Stuart Rosen