Looking for noise-pulse algorithms

Dear List members !

In order to drive my psychoacoustical experiments I would need
algorithms for the generation of noise pulses (bursts), which are defined in
the temporal and spektral envelope. I do not know if such algorithms , by
which the  mentioned parameters can be specified, exist. Preverably,
they should be written in C-language.
Most important for my applications is a Gaussian impulse, but I will also
need other types of noises.
Important is that the generation works (nearly) in real-time, cause
they should be generated within the experiment.

If you have such algorithms or if you know where I can find them
please be so kind to contact me.

Bernhard Laback