Re: Gammatone analysis/synthesis

At 5:59 PM 9/26/96, Joe Pompei wrote:
>        Has anyone here experimented with resynthesizing audio signals after
>they have been decomposed with gammatone filters?

Piece of cake!

Check out our work on Auditory Model inversion.  The paper is available on
my web page at
The work was presented at ICASSP in 1992.  The work I did went all the way
through the cochlear model, to a correlogram and then back to audio.  The
result was nearly indistinguishable from the original sound.  The
techniques are the same for a gammatone filter.

Other work in the area was also done by Yang and Shamma (who showed me the
filter-bank inversion technique) and many others.  Some of the references
can be found in my paper.

-- Malcolm