Re: Walkmans

> I was recently asked by a local t.v. station to help them with a story
> on Walkmans and noise-induced hearing loss.  Are there any data out
> there on (1) sound pressure levels developed in the ear canals by
> Walkmans and (2) temporary or permanent hearing loss from listening to
> Walkmans?

Not about Walkmans, specifically, but there's an interesting paper by
Marek Roland-Mieszkowski on "Common misconceptions about hearing" which
may provide other useful background information at:

        http://www.isisnet.com/MAX/science/dsa/ear.html

Marek's written a number of other interesting articles, and pieces of
software; his company has also recently released a CD which purports to
the user to test their own hearing using a CD player.

Best wishes,

mmalc.