Re: PC-cards for Spectrum Analysis

Enrique A. Lopez Poveda wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know about PC-cards (accompanied by their corresponding
> software) for performing (real-time?) spectrum analysis using a PC?  I
> am not sure that such a thing exists, and if it does, I don't know
> whether it has any clear advantange over B&K or HP real-time Spectrum
> Analyzers. Could any one give me some advice?  The idea is to use the
> spectrum analyzer for calibrating/measuring the sound output of the
> stimulus generation system in an auditory electrophysiology lab.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Enrique.
> --
> Dr. Enrique A. Lopez-Poveda
> Lab. of Neurobiology of Hearing
> Dept. of Cellular Biology and Pathology
> Faculty of Medicine
> University of Salamanca
> Avda. Campo Charro, s/n
> 37007  Salamanca
> Spain
>
> tel.: +34 23 294563
> fax.: +34 23 294563
> E-mail:  mm@gugu.usal.es

There are programs that do this on the internet. Look at
the really nice book "Linux Multimedia Guide" by Jeff
Traner. It is featured on: http://www.ora.com/info/linux/
There are also DPS boards that run on the PC, that have DACs
and ADCs. Many of these chips come with C compilers and FFT
code included, such as the AT&T chip and the TI TMS chips.

Many others know mcuh more than I do about this topic,
I have already told you more than I know, so dont ask me
more.
Jont Allen