[no subject]

>From tothl Mon Mar 24 12:52:04 +0100 1997 remote from inf.u-szeged.hu
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 12:52:04 +0100 (MET)
From: Toth Laszlo <tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu>
To: "Linda A. Seltzer" <lseltzer@PHOENIX.PRINCETON.EDU>
cc: Multiple recipients of list AUDITORY <AUDITORY@MCGILL1.BITNET>
Subject: Re: Wavelet discussion

On Fri, 21 Mar 1997, Linda A. Seltzer wrote:

> Please note that my request for bibliographic citations or Internet
> website URL's was specifically for articles on wavelet models of
> basilar membrane processing.   I was not seeking general bibliographic
> information on wavelets or a general list of references on hearing.
>
> Linda Seltzer

An article which might be interesting for you:
I. Pinter: Perceptual wavelet-representation of speech signals and its
application to speech enhancement, Computer Speech and Language, (1996) 10,
pp. 1-22

"...In this paper the so-called perceptual wavelet transform is introduced...
Although the proposed transform has been derived heuristically - namely,
to be optimal in the perceptual frequency scale in Gabor-sense and to
perform a 1 CB speech analysis - it appears that this is a
self-invertible, overcomplete, shiftable transform..."

*               Toth Laszlo                   *                              *
*        Hungarian Academy of Sciences        * "In our life there's if      *
*  Research Group on Artificial Intelligence  *  In our beliefs there's lie  *
*                                             *  In our business there's sin *
*     e-mail: tothl@inf.u-szeged.hu           *  In our bodies there's die"  *
*     http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~tothl       *                              *