data set

I am looking for a dataset of vowels used to illustrate the
Jacobs,Jordan,Barto (Hinton,Nowlan) "Modular (neural net)
architecture" for task decomposition (Cog. Sci. 15,1991). The dataset
was used by Geoffrey Hinton and Steve Nowlan (e.g. Neural
Comp. 6,1991), but has since passed into history. Does anyone know of
an accessible location for this dataset?  If so, please let me know
and I can publish the information for others who may wish to use it.
(even a pointer to someone who might know would be useful) Thanks.

Niall Griffith