headphones again

Some time ago I posted a query about the sony MDR-V6 headphones, which I
was considering as a replacement for my ageing sennheiser HD414s. Having
received several tips on how to resolve a technical problem with the MDR V6
phones (relating to electrical cross-talk), I resolved to buy a pair and
try them out. As is often the case with headphones which have gained a good
reputaion in the psychoacoustic community, they have now been discontinued.

So, can anyone recommend some headphones WHICH ARE STILL AVAILABLE IN THE SHOPS?
A summary of any calibration data you have acquired would  be greatly
appreciated along with your recommendation

thanks in advance,

bob carlyon

Bob Carlyon
MRC Applied Psychology Unit