Re: .adf file conversions

At 10:47 AM 1/17/98 +0000, you wrote:

>Does anyone know of programs (preferably freeware) capable of
>converting .ADF (audio-digital-format files-generated using the CSRE
>program) to .WAV files.  Thanks very Much
>
>Mitchell S. Sommers,Ph.D.

You can find software to do just what you want at
http://hush.unl.edu/LabResources.html.  This page contains many of the
programs we have developed at the Nebraska Speech Lab for TDT-based
experiment control, stimulus construction, and file conversion.  You will
want two files from that page:  Convert.zip and SSFedit.zip.  The first
contains a program which converts between STM (Indiana), ADF (CSRE), AIF
(Mac), WAV (MS RIFF), BIN, DAT (Sensimetrics), PCM (Haskins), NSP (Kay),
16-bit binary offset, and 12-bit binary offset files.  The second  program
is a tool to create files of file names.  These SSF files are used by
Convert.exe (and other programs) so that you can convert multiple
directories (or the parts of the directories you want) in one fell swoop.
Both programs were written for Windows 3.1 but they work fine on W95.  You
will have to stomach 8.3 file names for now...

The programs programs don't come with much documentation or help, but they
are free.

Tom Carrell
Communication Disorders
University of Nebraska