Re: Bibliography on background music effects

Though not precisely what you are requesting, there is an issue of
Psychomusicology (vol 13, Spring/Fall 1994) devoted to the study of Film
Music.  Many of the issues of affect concerned with background and/or
"elevator" music are relevant to film music as well.  Each article in
the journal has a list of references which may prove interesting to your
search.

Cheers,
Scott Lipscomb