Development of auditory system

> I need info on auditory function development from the embryonic "in
> utero", through neonatal and infant stages.

Have you tried PUJOL? The occasional use of the French language by this
author suggests the presence of excellent auditory science!
Richard Parncutt, Lecturer in Psychology of Music and Psychoacoustics,
Unit for the Study of Musical Skill and Development, Keele University.
Post: Dept of Psychology, Keele University, Staffordshire ST5 5BG, GB.
Tel: 01782 583392 (w),01782 719747 (h). Email: r.parncutt@keele.ac.uk.
Fax: +44 1782 583387. URL: http://www.keele.ac.uk/depts/ps/rpbiog.htm.

Lavigne-Rebillard, M., & Pujol, R. (1986). Development of the auditory hair
surface in human fetuses.  Scanning electron microscopic study. Anat.
Embryol., 174, 369-377.

Lavigne-Rebillard, M., Dechesne, C., Pujol, R., Sans, A., & Escudero, P.
(1985). Developpement de l'oreille interne pendant le premier trimestre de
la grossesse. Differenciation des cellules sensorielles et formation des
premieres synapses. Ann. Oto-Laryng. (Paris), 102, 493-498.

Pujol, R. (1976). Maturation du systeme auditif. Rev.Laryngol., 97,

Pujol, R., & Sans, A. (1986). Syntaptogenesis in the cochlear and vestibular
receptors. In R.. Aslin, Advances in neurla and behavioral development (vol.
2, Auditory development, pp. 1-18). New York: Ablex, Norwood.

Pujol, R. (1993). Developpement et plasticite du systeme auditif de
l'enfant. Communiquer, 111, 13-16.

Pujol, R., & Hilding, D.A. (1973). Anatomy and physiology of the onset of
auditory function. Acta Oto-Laryngol., 76, 1-10.

Pujol, R., Carlier, E., & Devigne, C. (1979). Significance of presynaptic
formations in early stages of cochlear synaptogenesis. Neuroscience Letters,
15, 97-102.

Pujol, R., Carlier, E., & Lenoir, M. (1980). Ontogenetic approach to inner
and outer hair cell function. Hearing Research, 2, 423-430.

Pujol, R. & Uziel, A. (1986). Auditory development: Peripheral aspects. In
P.F. Timiras & E. Meisami, Handbook of Human Biological Development. CRC
Press, Boca Raton.

Pujol, R., Zajic, G., Dulon, D., Raphael, Y., Altschuler, R.A., & Schacht,
J. (1991). First appearance and development of motile properties in outer
hair cells isolated from guinea-pig cochlea. Hearing Research, 57, 129-141.

Pujol, R., Lavigne-Rebillard, M., & Uziel, A. (1991). Development of the
human cochlea. Acta Otolaryngologica (Stockholm), 482, 7-12.

Romand, R., Granier, M.R., & Pujol, R. (1971). Potentiels cochleaires chez
le cobaye dans la periode prenatale. J.Physiologie (Paris), 63, 280-282.