Re: An idea whose time has com: NetBib

I have an alternate suggestion....since updating the database is a
tedious and time-consuming chore, and also error-prone unless the
individual edits their own references.....

Why not just ask everyone in the group to make a page on their website
with their paper references -- everyone should have a web site by now, yes?
And everyone's website should have their papers referenced on it, yes?
And even better, they can link those references to the actual PAPERS if
they exist online too. (I've been working on this last point...but am
not totally there yet.)

So the suggestion is that each person in the group provide just the
website link, and we distribute those. Or better yet, we create a website
and link the references right on there for the members. This would provide
a useful resource, keep the maintanance to a minimum, and encourage the
members to maintain their own references locally.

As a start, here's my website:

        http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~mercuri
        When there, click on Publications in the Contents.

What do you think?
Rebecca Mercuri.