Job Posting

Research Scientist

Anticipated Opening:  Through the Research Foundation of the SUNY

Signal Processing - A Postdoctoral Research Scientist is sought to join a
research group investigating the effects of noise on hearing at Plattsburgh
State University of New York. We are seeking an individual with superior
signal processing skills to perform complex acoustic signal generation,
calibration, and analysis. The research may require skills in Wavelet
transforms, frequency- and time-domain kurtosis, higher-order cumulant-based
inverse filtering, etc. on any platform (OpenVMS, Windows, Macintosh, etc.).
Skills in MATLAB, Mathematica, LabVIEW may be particularly useful. See the
papers by Hsueh and Hamernik and Lei and Hamernik on our preliminary web
page at: http://www.plattsburgh.edu/arl/research/ for a background of our work.

Competitive salary and excellent benefits and the opportunity to live and work
where other people vacation, in the Champlain Valley of Upstate New York.
Montreal, Quebec and Burlington, Vermont are in easy traveling distance from
Plattsburgh.

Send letter of application and current detailed resume to the following:

Research Foundation of SUNY
R-169
Kehoe Building, Room 701
101 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY  12901
Fax: (518) 564-2157

McGill is running a new version of LISTSERV (1.8c on Windows NT).
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv