Re: (why is high high)

Regarding Ed Burns' posting: I think this is a little harsh.  First of
all, I think Pawel's original posting has generated a lot of good
discussion, and raised some interesting questions.  Second, I don't
think Burns & Sampat (1980) answer all of them.

P.S. I apologize if my postings were among the "10 inane esponses for
every relevant one."

Robert S. Bolia
Research Scientist
Veridian
Air Force Research Laboratory
Wright-Paterson Air Force Base, Ohio

>>> "Edward M. Burns" <pwa@U.WASHINGTON.EDU> 08/31 2:15 PM >>>
see Burns and Sampat (1980) " A note on possible culture-bound
differences in
frequency discrimination," JASA 68, 1886-88, and refs therein.

Like Wightman (and others) have said, doesn't anybody do a literature
search
before posting questions that will generate 10 inane responses for
every
relevant one?

Email to AUDITORY should now be sent to AUDITORY@lists.mcgill.ca
LISTSERV commands should be sent to listserv@lists.mcgill.ca