Re: Granular synthesis and auditory segmentation

Peter,

>I wrote (i.e., Peter Meijer)
>
>> I'd love to hear about *psychophysical* auditory perception
>> experiments that unambiguously demonstrate temporal processing
>> in humans in the 3 to 5 kHz range!  My expectation is that such
>> results have not been found...

... Have you tried the stereo experiment described in my posting:
        - UNmixing Sources, i.e., The Cocktail Party Effect.

... This is a easily repeated experiment that "unambiguously demonstrate[s]
temporal processing in humans in the 3 to 5 kHz range".  Actually, in an
arbitrary (wideband) range since *you* select the two (2) sources.

... Basically, this experiment demonstrates that the Precedence Effect acts
as a temporal "filter".

Regards,
Rich Fabbri

McGill is running a new version of LISTSERV (1.8d on Windows NT).
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv