Re: limits of phase locking

I was in the lab at columbia when they did this work, and in my opinion
they had a cochlear microphone component in the electrode signal.
It was this CM component that they were measuring.

Of course they will not agree I would suspect. However I am not alone is
being suspect of this report of Teich et al.

In the cat the maximum frequency for phase locking is 4 kHz. I tried to
get locking at 5 kHz, and the SNR is so bad, that averaging for an hour
would not recover any component at that frequency. Please look at

 author = {Allen, J. B.},
   title = {Magnitude and phase-frequency response to single tones in the
        auditory nerve},
   journal = {JASA},
   volume = {73},
        number = 6,