cocktail party invitation

I am undertaking modeling work in computational auditory scene analysis (aka
auditory cocktail party processing) to combine independent component
analysis with learned probabilistic models of natural sounds in a bayesian
framework.  I am also interested in interpreting neurally inspired models of
sound separation and localization as priors for natural sounds in a
probabilistic model.  I am interested in hearing from any of you working in
this area.  Also if you know of work that I should be aware of, please let
me know.  I am a graduate student in Cognitive Science at UCSD; there are
not a lot of people working on auditory scene analysis per se here.  I could
use a good sounding board to advise my work.

McGill is running a new version of LISTSERV (1.8d on Windows NT).
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv