Compression Simulation

Dear Colleagues,

We are embarking on several projects that require real-time simulation
of multi-channel wide dynamic range compression. Rather than re-invent
the wheel, we were hoping that we could prevail on the kindness of
others to offer us their solutions to this problem (and possibly some
example code, m-files, C++, etc.). We are especially concerned with the
implementation of attack and release times for a hypothetical
compression circuit that makes a determination of signal level (rms)
approximately every 15 ms.

Ken Grant