Re: Perceived duration of attack and decay

Dear Jen,

What I mean with attack transient is the first part of a musical sound
(from zero to the maximum intensity), and with decay transient the last
part of a musical sound (from maximum intensity to the zero

Also, if you produce a musical sound with an attack and a decay
(i.e. both of 2 sec. of duration), without the sustain period
you can compare the perceived duration of the two parts (attack
and decay).

Grazie a te

>Dear Massimo,
>I know several that relate to compared perception of duration, but I'm not
>sure what you mean by duration of attack and decay.  Might you clarify a bit?

         Massimo Grassi
         Department of General Psychology
         via Venezia 8 - 35131 - Padova - Italy
         Phone  +39 +49 +8276928 (lab)