Sound Booths

Hello everyone,
        I'd like to thank the people who responded to my request for sound booth
information. There were not many responses - but as promised here is the summary:
_________________

Lori Holt wrote:
I'm also on the market for sound booths. I've found Ellis Singer from
Industrial Acoustics Co. (IAC) to be extremely helpful. He will often
respond to my queries within the hour and he has been very prompt in
providing written quotes.

They have a website:
www.industrialacoustics.com

I have tried working with Acoustic Systems, but their service has not been
as helpful. For behavioral booths, Acoustic Systems prices are very similar
to those of IAC, so I'm planning to stick with Ellis and his excellent
service.
_________________

Barry Arons wrote:
I donated all my Acoustical Society of America Journals to the MIT library
during my last move... I remember seeing some ads for sound booths in the
special issue they print twice a year for their conference. It might be a
place to start.

Keep in mind there are two considerations: sound absorption within the room
and sound transmission from outside the room. The first is primarily
handled by soft fuzzy stuff in the room; the second is best handled by
isolation and mass (i.e., put the room on rubber pads, and make the walls
heavy).
_________________

William Treurniet wrote:
I use an Eckel audiometric room that we bought from Genie Audio in St.
Laurent, Quebec.
Telephone:  514-856-9212  Fax: 514-856-9002.

The rooms can have single or double walls. We have a single wall chamber,
and its OK if the ambient noise level is low. It does not do a good job at
blocking low frequencies such as voices.  The double wall room is said to
have 20 -30 dB more attenuation, but it comes at about twice the cost.

thanks again.
dave

--
             Dave Van Valkenburg