Re: AUDITORY Digest - 23 May 1999 to 27 May 1999 (#1999-74)

> I have heard various reports
> over the years that suggest that a few people don't appreciate what
> "high and low" mean with respect to frequency.

As I'm sure others have probably uncovered,we've often found that
subjects give a "high" or "low" response more in line with the
amplitude/ volume of a given signal, as opposed to it's frequency
content (even when they were instructed to listen for the "pitch" of
the sound ....)

Regards

Steve

*********************************