Re: AUDITORY Digest - 6 Jan 2000 to 12 Jan 2000 (#2000-3)

I would like to make a comment concerning "long standing experts"
and young people with innovative ideas.  I think this ignores the
situation of women who often don't have the opportunity to start
their academic pursuits at a young age.  I am older than 45 and
still working on my doctorate.  I am not young, but still have
innovative ideas.  I don't have a long standing reputation because
I haven't even had a chance to start yet, since I am just supporting
myself and working on my doctorate when possible.  So please don't
forget us older ladies who are late bloomers who are finishing our
doctorates in our 40's, 50's, 60's and even later.  I have tons
of original ideas and no funding to work on any of them.  We can
be just as innovative as young people.  It's one's state of mind,
not one's birth date.

Linda