Re: front to rear reversals

Pierre Divenyi wrote:

> I think I am not the only one to disagree with your phenomenological
> observations [about front to rear reversals].

Another important point to note is the existence of individual differences
in response bias.  Typically, about 70% of listeners tend to report that
frontal sources arrive from the rear, while the other 30% tend to report that
rear sources arrive from the front.  See for example, Begault & Wenzel (1991)
Headphone localization of speech stimuli (Proceedings of the Human Factors
Society 35th Annual Meeting, 82-86).

--
William L. Martens, Ph.D.             Associate Professor
Multimedia Systems Lab                URL: http://www.u-aizu.ac.jp/~wlm