Re: Wasn't v. Helmholtz right?

Dear Eckard Blumschein

From: Eckard Blumschein <Eckard.Blumschein@E-TECHNIK.UNI-MAGDEBURG.DE>
Subject: Re: Wasn't v. Helmholtz right?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:27:24 +0200

> base and travels in the usual fashion toward the apex." Because, there is
> no obvious reason why the sound pressure due to bony conduction might be
> different in scala vestibuli and scala tympani, excitation must be mediated
> via vibration of the whole bony structure.

I think you are assuming that stapes and cochlea are vibrated as a
whole rigid body by bone conduction.  Can we assume that?

  Minoru Tsuzaki
  (minoru.tsuzaki@slt.atr.co.jp)
     ATR Spoken Language Translation Research Laboratories
     2-2, Hikaridai, Seika-cho, Soraku-gun
     Kyoto 619-0288, Japan
     Tel: +81-774-95-1342         Fax: +81-774-95-1308