Re: Cochlear travelling wave. An epiphenomenon?

Dear Andrew

Many thanks for your reply that attempted to address the most basic 'level
of description' of energy flow within the cochlea; i.e. how stapes
vibrational energy is transferred to the characteristic place.  Many thanks
also to Jont Allen's comments, all of which I agree with.

In my opinion, the travelling wave model captures the qualitative and, to a
large extent, quantitative features of the cochlear response to sound at
this level of description.  The model is based on established anatomical,
physiological and mechanical observations within a rigorous mathematical
framework.  Any model that counters the travelling wave model must refer to
the same observations and be developed within an equally valid mathematical
framework.

In conclusion, I reiterate Jont's suggestion: I look forward to reading
about your model in a quality peer reviewed journal.

Best wishes

Antony Locke