Re: hold on a minute....

From: Bob Carlyon <bob.carlyon@MRC-CBU.CAM.AC.UK>
>I think it would be an
>enormously retrograde step to bypass the review process and have people
>referring to a "demonstration" that is only perceived by a subset of
>listeners, or that has inadequate controls for co-varying aspects of
the
>stimulus.
Excuse me, but this has by far not been intended, just bringing into
play some of the manifold possibilities of the new medium, like that of
accessing a (public) base of interesting and instructive demonstrations,
which after all, as Stephen McAdams is pointing out, might serve for
further review/improvement on an interactive (professional) basis (so I
wrote "cooperate", not "plot"). (Another question here would be its
archiving, that might too put some weight on its
reliability/referability, also in the long run). As regards confidence
in new technologies in general : would you assume potential lecturers of
a video (cyber) conference via Internet streaming necessarily proposing
careless or even fraudulent material ? (And as to the possible impact :
are you aware of the changes just happening in the music
production/distribution scene, for instance ?)
Alexandra Hettergott.

_______________________
Alexandra Hettergott
1, avenue des Gobelins
   /boîte 23
F-75005 Paris/France
Tél/fax:   +33-(0)1-43 31 41 27
Mél:        a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/a.hettergott/
     _,,_
  ²( o  o )³
   \ ` ï   //                ... pequeños ruidos
     """"           proyectados en el tiempo ...