Re: pitch strength algorithm?

Sorry, List. Jim Beauchamp's response indicates that I formulated my
question in a somewhat sloppy manner.  I meant that each sinusoidal complex
is to be compared to the other complexes, such that one hears only one
pitch at a time. We know from way-back-when that the pitch strength, or
"pitchiness", of complex tones is a function of f0, the number of
components in the complex, and the spectral region the components occupy
(i.e., the harmonic numbers represented times the fundamental frequency).
The question is how to achieve, within achievable limits, a subjectively
equal  pitch strength, or pitchiness, for an arbitrary set of complex tones.

Thank you,

Pierre

Pierre Divenyi, Ph.D.      Experimental Audiology Research (151)
                                     V.A. Medical Center, Martinez, CA
94553, USA
Phone: (925) 370-6745
Fax:     (925) 228-5738