Word lists

Dear list

For use in an exercise in a course on Acoustic Communication, I am looking for English word lists for speech intelligibility measurements. Are such lists available for download from the net? (or alternatively on CD).

There are about 30% non-Danish students at the course. It would not be fair to ask them to participate in the Danish DANTALE test (8 lists of 25 monosyllabic words).

English lists are preferred, but other languages could be useful too.

Please help my foreign students. Thanks in advance.

Torben

Torben Poulsen
Department of Acoustic Technology
Technical University of Denmark
DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Phone +45 4525 3940 (office), +45 4525 3930 (department)
Fax +45 4588 0577    mobile +45 2326 0420
e-mail: tp@dat.dtu.dk     Web: www.dat.dtu.dk/~tp/