Re: AUDITORY: Virus incident

> Unfortunately, being a non-Windows person, I don't understand very
> much about this virus, but I believe it automatically forwards itself
> to everyone on your personal email alias list.  The follow-up message
> sent to AUDITORY contains some good advice.

For those who use Microsoft Outlook:

1. Remove all mailing lists from your Outlook address book. That limits the
distribution when the virus strikes.

2. Put a dummy contact in your address book with a name starting with AAA..,
and with no mail address. When Outlook is told to send a mail to a recipient
with no mail address, it stops and puts a message on screen. When this
happens you immediately should kill Outlook and the process wscript.exe, or
reboot.

This will not protect your own machine, but it will stop further
distribution of the virus.

Sigurd Saue
Voxelvision AS    *  work:  +47 73 87 36 97
Fjordgt. 56-58    *  home:  +47 74 85 70 67
P.O.Box 838       *  fax:   +47 73 87 36 99
N-7408 TRONDHEIM  *  email: sigurd.saue@voxelvision.no
NORWAY            *  URL:   http://www.voxelvision.no