Filter PET scanner noise

A colleague in my lab wants to record speech in a PET scanner.
The recording also records the noise of the scanner. In order to
evaluate the speech of the subject, without the interference of the
noise, the noise should be filtered. How does on go about doing this,
without unduly compromising the quality of speech? Has anyone does this?
(A separate recording of just the scanner noise can be made).

Any information is appreciated and may be sent back channel to me,
in order not to clutter up the mailing list. If there is interest,
I will post a compilation of the responses received.

Thanks,

--fatima

fhusain@cns.bu.edu
fthusain@helix.nih.gov