musical illusions

Message on behalf of Diana Deutsch, read below:

---------------------- Forwarded by Riccardo Coen/FS/WFP on 31/01/2001
10:06 AM ---------------------------
Subject:  musical illusions

Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:17:16 -0800
To: AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
From: ddeutsch@ucsd.edu (Diana Deutsch)
Subject: simple demonstrations
Cc: ddeutsch@ucsd.edu

You might be interested in my CD 'Musical Illusions and Paradoxes',
published by Philomel Records. The URL for this CD is

http://philomel.com

There are also a few sound demonstrations posted on this site, and a link
to an entertaining review article by Shawn Carlson  in the December, 1996
issue of Scientific American.

I also suggest the CD by A. J. M. Houtsma, T. D. Rossing, and W. M.
Wagenaars, entitled 'Auditory Demonstrations',  published by the Acoustical
Society of America  and Philips, 1987, and Al Bregman's CD entitled
'Auditory Scene Analysis', published by MIT Press.

 - Diana Deutsch

Diana Deutsch
Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology