Re: summary to my post concerning a program for doing sound synthesis

>Slight digression here, does anyone know of similar software that will work on
>an Apple Mac?
>I'm specifically looking for software that will generate/process/filter all at
>frequencies BELOW 20 hz.
>Most packages aim fro 20-20,000.

you could try some of the programmes listed at

which is a list of computer music synthesis/editing programmes - quite a
lot of them do sound synthesis and filtering.

I would recommend using Paul Russell's Synthesiser - it works for me.
And I noticed Riccardo Coen suggested C-sound to you in his reply - there
is a port of this for the Mac, and as you'll see on the CalArts web page,
there are some nice GUI's for it too!

Best wishes

Kevin L. Baker
Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Division of Psychology
De Montfort University
Tel - 0116 257 7761                    Fax - 0116 257 7767