Re: Child's scream

Title: Re: Child's scream
Dear list,
I got a question from a medical doctor asking for info about the
'noise' level of a child's scream.

In addition to the interesting info lately on dB-levels, what I find interesting is the frequency distribution in a childs scream, that  makes it sound even louder. Cf. the graph below (which I made from a baby scream often used in Norwegian TV post-production, using the software Amadeus II), which has a lot of energy where hearing is most sensitive.

Arnt Maasų, Research Fellow
Department of Media and Communication
University of Oslo, Faculty of Arts

P.O. Box 1093 Blindern, 0317 Oslo, Norway
Telephone: (+47) 22 85 04 19 Fax: (+47) 22 85 04 01
E-mail: arnt.maaso@media.uio.no
Arnte's soundsite: http://www.media.uio.no/personer/arntm/english.html