Absolute frequency / Perfect Pitch ??

Thank you Martin ... and Grove's agrees with you ... however it may be
'just' one of those semantic turns of terms.

I can understand "absolute temperature", this not being psycho-metric
measurement, and I could go along with "absolute frequency", since it
appears (?) that pitch is perceptual, and I'm not so sure about "absolute
perception".

Also I have considered the implication of saying that Benjamin Britten's
"absolute pitch" slipped a semitone when he got older. Two (or more) sets
of absolutes is .... Now, 'perfection' is in the eye / ear of the
beholder. (I've met people whose "absolute pitch" is a semitone away from
A=440, having been taught on an out-of-tune piano as children.)

Best

Kevin
kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca