Re: Outer ear transfer function measured with headphones.

Enrique,

        I don't know of a specific reference for the actual transfer
function.  It seems that a headphone impulse response is a function of the
listener, the headphones, and the position of the headphones.  By position
I mean that if the headphones are taken off and reinstalled in apparently
the same position that the response will change, I found this from
experience and from Kulkarni's work.
        I calibrated headphones on an acoustic head for my research.  To
get at the impulse response I used a brief swept sine input, measured the
output and then determined the impulse response through a least squares
time domain solution, I believe Kulkarni used a frequency domain solution.

Hope this helps,
Brad Libbey

Kulkarni, Abhijit, H. Steven Colburn.  "Variability in the
characterization of the headphone transfer-function."  J. Acoust. Soc.
Am., vol. 107 (2), pp.1071-1074, February 2000.

Russotti, J. S., T. P. Santoro, and G. B. Haskell.  (1988).  "Proposed
Technique for Earphone Calibration."  J. Audio Eng. Soc., 36: 643-650.