music recognition session

Folks,

I am in the preliminary process of organizing a session for the
Pittsburgh ASA meeting (June 3-7, 2002) to be titled "Music
recognition techniques". Possible topics for talks in this
session include:

pitch detection, voice separation, note segmentation, instrument
classification (recognition), and tempo detection.

This session will be jointly sponsored by the technical committees
on Musical Acoustics and Psychological and Physiological Acoustics.

If you have done some research in this area that you would like
to report at that meeting, please let me know.

Jim Beauchamp
j-beauch@uiuc.edu