[no subject]

As I recall, the interaction between pitch and intensity applies only to
pure tones. For harmonic complex tones, the perception of pitch is almost
exclusively dependent upon the fundamental frequency. However, it is very
common for the non-musically trained (such as myself) to confuse pitch and
brightness of timbre. One would certainly expect an opening eustacian tube
to alter the timbre of sounds through a change in the middle-ear transfer
function.

Is there anyone musically trained who is able to confirm that this is
specifically a change in pitch? Otherwise, I prefer a simple timbre-
change explanation.

John.