Phonotactics of languages

Dear list members,

I am looking for a source that describes phonotactics of languages. In
particular, I am interested in phoneme clusters that are not permissible
in American English but are allowed in other languages. Also useful would
be an indication whether the acoustics of nonpermissible clusters (but
permissible in other languages) matched the acoustics of permissible ones
in Enlgish.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Satra

--
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history." - GB Shaw

Satrajit Ghosh
Department of Cognitive and Neural Systems, Boston University