Mar 2002 to 8 Mar 2002 (#2002-35) Jim Beauchamp

Jim, GIA Publications puts out a CD that has many short unaccompanied vocal
cuts, some with words, others on 'neutral syllables.' It might be ideal for
your student's needs. It is called Music Play and is part of the 'Jump Right
In' music curriculum originated by Ed Gordon and collaborators.  Call
1-800-GIA-1358 to order "CD-426". (or...give me the word-and the best
address-and I can pop a freebie in the mail. I still have a couple spares
from when I taught music for infants.)
 For anyone wanting more info on this approach which develops intonation
and the ability to 'speak' the language of music, see
http://www.unm.edu/~audiate/home.html
  Jane Karwoski, Auditory Perception Lab, UNLV