Is there a gender difference for speech identification in noise.

Dear ALL,
I am a master student from AIISH,India.As apart of my master thesis , I am
studying the effect of age , gender, and earm on speech identificatio score
(SIS) in presence of ipsilateral noise only, in presence of both
ipsilateralk and contralteral noise and also the effect on the
contaralateral suppression of OAe and the correl;ation of this physiological
measurement with the improvement in SIS when noise is presented to both ear.
To my surprise i found a gender difference in age group 6-8,8-10 amd 18-30
for the Speech identification score in the above two mentioned
condition.However there was no gender difference for SIS in quiet except for
6-8yrs where there was some gender difference.
I wanted to know from the mebers regarding thier experience or have they
come across studies related to gender differenc and SIS. I nkow there is
gender difference in dichotic testing but regarding SIS and in general
speech perception , i am nor sure.
Any help in this regard will be of acknowledged.
thankingyou and expecting a response
Sharad Govil